Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

View Poll Results: Will you be attending these rounds?
Yes, Most Definatly 4 36.36%
Yes, but only sunday 1 9.09%
No, i dont have any free time 1 9.09%
No, i dont have the money to go over 5 45.45%
No, I Prefere to whach the LG Superrace Weekend 0 0%
No, There is DTM on that weekend 0 0%
I Might 0 0%
I dont like rallycross (than get the hell out of the forum!) 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Sep 2004, 13:29 (Ref:1098257)   #1
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mondello 9th & 10th

Lads and Chassies,

The next rounds of the BRDA British Rallycross Championship are taking place in mondello park as we all know, an update on the entry scenario is explained by me now :

Like i discussed before i said that unless there was a reduced fee for entrys to Irish Competitors that there would be a distinct lack of entrys.

And here i am a few months later giving the news i told you would happen!!! According to the CKMC's spokesperson for the matter, there was 40 entrys upto a few weeks ago, mainly made up of irish stockhatch i would imaging because the entry fee for them is only nominaly different, thusfore you british boys dont seem to be wanting to come over !!

That 40 Entrys is an official figure for the time, there is no debate about it as i am only forwarding infromation i recieved.

So my question is here...

Who is gona be out struttin their stuff from the english camp???????

(i put in my entry 10 mins ago )

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 16 Sep 2004, 14:39 (Ref:1098308)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well I definitely won't be there (but as I'm not a driver that's not a problem for the entry list ) I'm at Castle Combe that weekend getting my annual outing in Bills trackday Mini.

The irish rounds at the start of the season weren't that well supported either were they? Certainly the supercars were very thin on the ground until Easter at Lydden. It's a shame but I guess that's something the organisers need to look at for next year - are 4 rounds over the water too many? 1 double header weekend may be more viable for many people.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 15:14 (Ref:1098352)   #3
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol BertMk2

Chris evans, Michael Morris, Dan Donoghue, Dermot Carnegie, John Mc Cluskey, Michael Coyne, Andrew Morris(Double Driving), Mike Manning, Laurence Gibson.

on avarage its been 75-80 entries which is ok, concidering last event last year i thing it was 110.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 17 Sep 2004, 07:56 (Ref:1099002)   #4
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't booked the ferry yet, but the entry is in, and really looking forward to it.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1099014)   #5
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that two Irish weekends in one season is one too many. I know that there are lots of Irish rallycrossers but we only ever see the top runners over here. You don't see many clubmen coming over. If I am wrong please correct me.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1099099)   #6
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BRDA offer us good Ferry deals to go to Ireland, maybe if they offered the same to Irish competitors to come across the water, they might get a lot more Irish drivers coming over?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1099257)   #7
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
thats because it costs us way too much from euro to sterling and travel costs.

Last i checked the bill was running around 1500 euro per event which gets us ther, bread and board and our heats.

Old 17 Sep 2004, 12:45 (Ref:1099263)   #8
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rixe you must be staying in the Hilton ?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 16:52 (Ref:1099529)   #9
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
lol ill do a cash breakdown sometime else. its 300 euro for a start for entry fee so thats one.

Old 17 Sep 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1099729)   #10
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
The Irish rounds at the start of the season weren't that well supported either were they?

There had to be a good turn out of British competitors at the Nutts corner/kirkistown events because if there wasn't the event would not have run. Not to many Irish clubmen turned up (I will explain later) and some of those who did were told when they got there that they could not compete because they did not have national A licenses. They just put there cars on the trailers and went home. I still don't understand why you need a two litre license to compete in a 1.6 litre car? and before someone says its intended to make sure you only have experienced drivers. One of the drivers had two years experience but why get the more expensive Nat A license when you only have a 1.6?

Now to explain why alot of Irish competitors feel a bit resentful of the Brda at the moment. At last years Irish Rallycross AGM we were told that we could not have a round of the Irish championship in conjunction with a brda round because they felt that they would have enough entries that they could not "accommodate" us.
This left a very sour taste in many of the competitor’s mouths. It has lead to the farcical situation of the Irish championship being six round in the one venue with a 6 month gap between round 3 and 4.
It has also meant that many of the Irish competitors do not want to support the Brda rounds in Mondello and have voted with there feet. The proof in the pudding of this is a letter which was sent to all Irish rallycross competitors last week by Mondello in a panic. (Rixe Can Confirm)
It explained that the 2 Day event would be made better for the spectators the more entries there were and they have put down the entry fee for Irish competitors to €160.00. The rough translation for this is "Were fecked if we don't get more entries to cover the rent for the track"

I think your right Bert about to many round being here the year before with the nutts/ Mondello was much better.

Matti is right when he says about the deals when we travel. I think the If the Irish organizers put a package together for some of the rounds then you would get more going.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 05:55 (Ref:1099921)   #11
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no dis-respect rxie but why should irish drivers get a reduced entry fee ? I have to pay out £400 in entry fee's for that weekend !!! plus £160 ferry fair etc etc you know the score
Old 18 Sep 2004, 11:31 (Ref:1100074)   #12
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Your paying for your own championship not myne, if you payed to do the irish rounds it would be much less.

dont forget 400 sterling to me is near 600 or more euro.

160 euro to you is near 110 less sterling, so argument settled.

Quote:
There had to be a good turn out of British competitors at the Nutts corner/kirkistown events because if there wasn't the event would not have run. Not to many Irish clubmen turned up (I will explain later) and some of those who did were told when they got there that they could not compete because they did not have national A licenses. They just put there cars on the trailers and went home. I still don't understand why you need a two litre license to compete in a 1.6 litre car? and before someone says its intended to make sure you only have experienced drivers. One of the drivers had two years experience but why get the more expensive Nat A license when you only have a 1.6?
I would of been there but NAT B licence i have currently which is a load of boll**ks, "apprently" the reason why National A licence is needed is that it is reconised threwout europe, Northern Ireland According to MSI and MSA is apart of the United Kingdom and not one tiny bit of ireland. Yet if MSI ran a round in the north it would be reconised as a irish circuit and National B Licence would be the Min.

If you have an Nat A licence you should have the european flag ontop of it, if not you will not have any flag (unless your running an international Licence suit your sir).

Quote:
It has also meant that many of the Irish competitors do not want to support the Brda rounds in Mondello and have voted with there feet. The proof in the pudding of this is a letter which was sent to all Irish rallycross competitors last week by Mondello in a panic. (Rixe Can Confirm)
It explained that the 2 Day event would be made better for the spectators the more entries there were and they have put down the entry fee for Irish competitors to €160.00. The rough translation for this is "Were fecked if we don't get more entries to cover the rent for the track"
LOL yeh see these

http://www.rallycrossireland.com/entry.jpg

Entry List with a load of mistakes in it (obviously rushed )

http://www.rallycrossireland.com/letter.jpg

That lovely letter from Ms. Waldron who you cant seem to get any informaiton out of

Soo funny, it dont give an option for one or two days so am i paying 160 for the weekend or per event :P lol funny stuff

the other thing i love about mondello park (RM you probably know this too ) is when ringing up for an entry form "Hi, is sabrina there? (she organises the rallycross stuff at mondello park" "Yes ill put you threw now"

Gose threw to another extention "Hello Sabrina Speaking how may i help" "hi sabrina Michael o'Brien Here from rallycrossireland.com, would it be possible to rob an entry list off you?"

few moments later with a few "ummm eh..." from sabrina

"Ill just have to get authorisation before i can send it to you, if you dont get anything by 5 this evening it means im not aloud send it"

"Oh ok well ill be waiting paciently thanks sabrina"

"no problem michael"

5 bells comes no fax or email

Ring up mondello again

"hi can i speak to sabrina please"

"Certianly just putting you threw now"

extention rings.. rings .. then the receptionist comes on "Michael shes acctualy just in a meating at the moment ill get her to ring you back" "ok yeh cool thanks"

Of course she dosnt ring back nothing new there from the mondello secret service

Mondello Park, a great place to get information, MSI wont get it for me either and the rallycross Committie promises to get me an entry list !!!!! the wednsday before events!

Last edited by Cryos; 18 Sep 2004 at 11:38.

Old 20 Sep 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1101662)   #13
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by golfvanman
no dis-respect rxie but why should irish drivers get a reduced entry fee ? I have to pay out £400 in entry fee's for that weekend !!! plus £160 ferry fair etc etc you know the score
I think the reasoning behind it is that these drivers will not be competing against the Brda Drivers, they will have separate heats and finals. Not all Irish drivers will be getting this entry fee. If a Irish driver enters the BRDA Round which I know some of them are. Then they will have to pay £400 just like you.
Hope that clears it up a bit.

Having said that I do agree with your sentiment of feeling hard done by, I would if it was the opposite way round. But you would have to see our point of view when we were told that we could not use Brda rounds for Irish championship rounds many of the competitors would say what’s the point in Paying £400 sterling to do a non championship event. Especially when the Irish championship starts back the weekend afterwards and you don’t want to damage your car. Plus the fact that most off the stock hatch lads only have Nat B’s and couldn’t compete against yee anyway!!

I personally love competing against you Lads and love to see as many people traveling over as possible. The bit of banter is great and it must be worth .5 of sec around Mondello with the thought of a Brit beating Me LOL. But I’m only a Nat B License holder so I think this time the car will stay in the garage.
Old 21 Sep 2004, 08:54 (Ref:1102694)   #14
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by golfvanman
There is a choice, you can also pay the cheaper entry fee but, you will be competing at clubman level rather than MSA championship.

£160 for the Ferry is very cheap.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 09:09 (Ref:1106469)   #15
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
still some confusion over the date for the next irish round ??? 3 dates so far lol 17th 24th and 31st lol

Old 26 Sep 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1107451)   #16
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Tickets available from mondello park online shop:

http://www.mondello.ie/shop.php?cat_id=19

Old 29 Sep 2004, 15:18 (Ref:1110468)   #17
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Any sign of an entry list yet ?
Old 29 Sep 2004, 15:32 (Ref:1110482)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The event preview is available at http://www.rallycrossuk.com/ but there's no sign of an entry list on there yet.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 18:05 (Ref:1110576)   #19
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Any sign of an entry list yet ?
Not a hope in hell, spent the last few days trying to get one, cant get a feicin thing. I doubt we will see a entry list before the day...

Old 29 Sep 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1110675)   #20
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully the entry list will be published at the weekend or after the results of the Pembury round of the BTRDA have been posted at the latest. That seems to be the format at the moment.
Old 1 Oct 2004, 16:41 (Ref:1112562)   #21
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
I highly doubt we will see an entry list...

http://www.rallycrossireland.com/en/...=707&g2_page=2

the car including new opel performance stickers (thanks to Peter Fischer in OPC )

Last edited by Cryos; 1 Oct 2004 at 16:42.