Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 22 Oct 2004, 21:54 (Ref:1132440)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Embroidered 10ths Sew On Patches

Hi folks,

I've seen requests here (and have been approached directly as well) for sew on 10ths patches.

I've had a quote for them and they could be done relatively reasonably. I could sell them for GBP£5 (or £4 for any UK marshal/driver that happens to be visiting Mondello when they purchase... ) plus P&P The most obvious way would be for marshals at a circuit and/or drivers in a class/club to nominate one address - that way, multiple badges could be sent for very little postage.

However, the badges will have to be paid for up front by us and then sold on.

Having seen the lack of take up on the merchandise from Cafe Press, I'm a bit concerned that people will lose interest in buying once actual currency is requested and that will leave us with a hole in the finances and a bunch of badges that we don't really need (we have the original ones )

I'm posting this to the Marshals Forum and the Racers Forum as these are the two groups that seem to be most interested.

On this basis, if you would be interested in buying, can you PM me, let me know if you think the price is fair and that you'd be willing to buy. If enough people show interest, I'll go ahead and place a small order and we'll see what happens.

Look forward to hearing from you!
Old 22 Oct 2004, 23:53 (Ref:1132513)   #2
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi E-P
I'd be interested. Are they by any chance fireproof, to affix to race suits?

Last edited by johnw; 22 Oct 2004 at 23:55.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1132707)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hi John, sadly no. I'm not sure how to go about that - I expect it's possible to get them proban treated but I've no idea how much it would cost...
Old 23 Oct 2004, 09:21 (Ref:1132752)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Re: Embroidered 10ths Sew On Patches

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Hi folks,

I've seen requests here (and have been approached directly as well) for sew on 10ths patches............

Having seen the lack of take up on the merchandise from Cafe Press, I'm a bit concerned that people will lose interest in buying once actual currency is requested and that will leave us with a hole in the finances and a bunch of badges that we don't really need (we have the original ones )

I wouldn't buy off Cafe Press on the principle that this is a US based supplier and having been stitched up by a company from America in the past it makes you wary as it is difficult to contact them if they don't answer e-mails.
I would be interested in the badges though

Last edited by Tim Falce; 23 Oct 2004 at 09:22.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 15:10 (Ref:1132993)   #5
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id like one {brilliant you are in Ireland !} how does €5 postal order sound for one.Send a PM with details if you want.

Thanks
bf1
Old 23 Oct 2004, 19:03 (Ref:1133120)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
We've been doing business with CafePress for over 3 years now and have never had a customer complaint - and any queries have been handled professionally and efficiently. We would not offer a service to 10ths users if we were in any way concerned that they would not get the best service.

If you'd like confirmation of customer satisfaction, please see this thread here from one of our other sites - http://www.railroadtycoon.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37

If you are aware of a company that will print diverse products on demand with no initial outlay and handle payment and shipping, that is based in a country you approve of, please do let us know. We've been unable to do so. If we could find a European company, we would, simply to reduce shipping costs.

LOL bf - €5 against £5 - you're an optimist.... It actually works out at €7 but I'll be looking into ways to standardise (and even possibly lower) the price if I can. I'm still trying to find a vendor that can do me a small run for a lower price than the one I've been quoted. I'll keep you all updated.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 21:02 (Ref:1133191)   #7
johnw
Veteran

England
E-P
I suspect that they would need to use nomex thread, rather than be treated.
Have you tried Stand 21 opposite Brands Hatch?
www.stand21.com

They make their own overalls and do some stunning embroidery upon them. The very charming and helpful Julie is the person to contact. Usual disclaimers.

I'd still be interested whatever. Do let me know when you have some, want payment etc.
Thanks
John
Old 25 Oct 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1135711)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
As posted on the other thread, I have recently bought a few goodies off of Cafe Express or whatever they're called and can vouch for their service and quality.

Agree with John about trying Julie at Stand 21 - drop Rick Pearson a PM and I am sure he will do what he can for you (actually I suggested this to Stephen recently so he may already have done so?)
Old 26 Oct 2004, 07:09 (Ref:1136039)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I've been in touch with Julie and as promised, she's been very helpful. I just need to get her some more info so she can get me a quote. I suspect that we will need to charge more for the fire retardant badges - would people be willing to pay a bit extra for this?
Old 26 Oct 2004, 08:06 (Ref:1136109)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd put a fire retardant badge on my overalls.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 13:41 (Ref:1136531)   #11
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be hounred to wear the mark of 10-tenths, perhaps Ian Sowman and I could work out a a deal for the clubff1600.co.uk patches to be dished out to drivers.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 18:35 (Ref:1136939)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
I've been in touch with Julie and as promised, she's been very helpful. I just need to get her some more info so she can get me a quote. I suspect that we will need to charge more for the fire retardant badges - would people be willing to pay a bit extra for this?
Thanks for the reminder. I've mailed her my new FIA suit requirements.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1137023)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From the horse's mouth - the FIA homologation specifications:

"Embroidery sewn directly onto the overall shall be stitched onto the outermost layer only, for better heat insulation. Backing material of badges shall be flameproof and in conformity with the standard ISO 15025 in order to avoid combustion of the badge which would affect the efficiency of the overalls. Thread used for affixing the badge to the overalls shall be flameproof and in conformity with the standard ISO 15025. It is also recommended that embroidery thread on badges or on the outermost layer of the garment be flameproof and in conformity with the standard ISO 15025."

I don't recognise ISO 15025 but I suspect it's not Proban-treated material.

Peter - check your inbox before making any rash decisions!

HTH

Max
Old 26 Oct 2004, 22:52 (Ref:1137175)   #14
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there would be a far better take up of all ten-tenths products from a British provider/address.

As for the suit badges then I'm sure they would sell knowing how proud we are of ten-tenths!
Old 26 Oct 2004, 23:09 (Ref:1137185)   #15
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still willing to buy even more so if they are to FIA standard because I'm not sure I'd get past Scruteerning without it being to standard.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 23:32 (Ref:1137199)   #16
johnw
Veteran

England
Yes E-P I'd pay more for nomex badges Or equivalent as Midgetman;s spec.
John
Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:37 (Ref:1137438)   #17
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello EP...if you are at Anglesey on Dec 5th I am sure many of the drivers would want badges...I don't think it matters whether they are flame proof or not.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:44 (Ref:1137443)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It does to me.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:44 (Ref:1137444)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hi Stephen, not looking like we're going to be able to make it now I'm afraid, much as we'd love to - we can't persuade any of our collegues to come with us and it's too expensive for just the two of us

I'm sure we can sort something out though!
Old 27 Oct 2004, 12:46 (Ref:1137716)   #20
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
It does to me.
Surely if you're in such a mess that there was a chance of your badge catching fire then you would be past caring... anyway it would help to keep the fire going 'till the orange brigade got there to put it out properly
Old 27 Oct 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1137721)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The point is that if you affix something to your suit that is not FIA approved they can stop you from racing. In the old MSA proban days, I'm sure it wasn't an issue. I'm afraid it is now.

And furthermore, you don't have to be "in a mess" to be in a fire. I speak from experience.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1137816)   #22
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
Quote:
The point is that if you affix something to your suit that is not FIA approved they can stop you from racing.
Good point, I didn't think of that
Old 27 Oct 2004, 16:06 (Ref:1137920)   #23
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The point is that if you affix something to your suit that is not FIA approved they can stop you from racing. In the old MSA proban days, I'm sure it wasn't an issue. I'm afraid it is now.

How do they know whether a badge is proban, MSA approved or has proban stitching or not, Is it labeled?
Old 28 Oct 2004, 03:51 (Ref:1138487)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
If it isn't then maybe it shouldn't be worn.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 07:12 (Ref:1138564)   #25
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
Perhaps there could be a label next to the badge to say it was fireproof... but then you would need a label next to that to say that was......... you would end up covered in them!