Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Nov 2004, 22:15 (Ref:1165852)   #1
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will be Red Bull's third driver?

Indications are that Redbull might sign Nick (if he is available) for a race seat. That would leave Tonio as the third driver.

The question is; suppose nick is not available?

I think that a good third driver would be Lewis Hamilton. He seems to be very fast and above all for Redbull the product he would have a global marketing appeal. Even more so if Lewis turns out to be a driving superstar having the ability of a kimi, montoya or webber. It would be a marketing coup for Redbull.
Old 27 Nov 2004, 23:02 (Ref:1165882)   #2
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rather tricky to get him away from McLaren, after all they've invested for that very reason?
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 27 Nov 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1165893)   #3
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Lewis will go their, he will run for ASM in the F3 Euroseries next year. I think it will be Liuzzi when Heidfeld is available, but if he's not and Liuzzi gets the 2nd seat maybe Kartikheyan or Friesacher? I don't think they should hire Scott Speed, I think he needs a year in GP2 first.
Old 27 Nov 2004, 23:47 (Ref:1165912)   #4
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recokon Vitantonio deserves a race seat. The Red Bull/Jag deal was he lucky break in my opinion and it would be fantastic to see him in a race seat.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 00:07 (Ref:1165922)   #5
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liuzzi was wild in his youth. He got the right backing, and did the job this year. I think it would be interesting to see whether his apparent toned-down attitude still holds when he's back in a pressure-cooker environment of Perform or you're out!
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1166147)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Luizzi is probably a shoe-in for the third drive if he doesn't get a race seat - Red Bull have put a lot of faith in him and he's showed all the potential to live up to it.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1166216)   #7
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Daisy
I don't think Lewis will go their, he will run for ASM in the F3 Euroseries next year. I think it will be Liuzzi when Heidfeld is available, but if he's not and Liuzzi gets the 2nd seat maybe Kartikheyan or Friesacher? I don't think they should hire Scott Speed, I think he needs a year in GP2 first.
I don't see Karthikeyan and Friesacher as RBR drivers because they are out of Red Bull driver support programme.
In the case of the Austrian, he's been out of RB support since the end of 2003, but his friendship with Liuzzi could help...

BTW, it's the list of Red Bull-supported drivers for 2005, that includes which category they are eligible for:

GP2
Neel Jani (CH) - team to announce
Scott Speed (USA) - team to announce
World Series by Renault V6 3.5
Colin Fleming (USA) - Jenzer
F.3 Euro Series
Sebastian Vettel - Mucke
F.Renault 2000
Mikhail Aleshin (RUS) - Lukoil
Michael Ammermuller - Jenzer
Jim Ka To - team to announce
Matias Milla (ARG) - Motopark
Teemu Nyman - Motopark
Adrian Zaugg - Jenzer
Formula BMW
Sebastien Buemi - Mucke
Stefano Coletti - Eifelland
Martin Ragginger - Mucke
Karting
John Edwards
Philipp Eng

Source: Italiaracing.net
Old 28 Nov 2004, 19:39 (Ref:1166427)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Speed apparently is getting a test in the Red Bull car, so it could just happen for him. Although he is young, it's no secret that Red Bull has worked hard at getting an American driver in F1, and he looks like the guy. He seems to be the real deal. If not now, in the near future then.

As an American, I say bring him on already! How much longer must we suffer?

Danica Patrick
Old 28 Nov 2004, 21:00 (Ref:1166524)   #9
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GP Racer, I think a year in GP2 will do Scott Speed good. Not because I don't think he is an F1 talent, but because of the physical demand an F1 takes. Remember that Speed suffers from colitus, and that had an affect on him in F3. I know things are going much better for him, physically, but I'm not sure if he could last 15 laps in an F1 car. After a season of GP2, things might be different. But, throwing him in the deep end too soon might jeperdise (sp?) his career. So, you have to ask yourself, what do you want, an American driver that does Friday testing at 2 GPs then returns to the States, or an American F1 driver that has a chance to score some points? I go with the second....
Old 28 Nov 2004, 23:03 (Ref:1166616)   #10
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernoldi.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 23:04 (Ref:1166618)   #11
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Fiorentina.

Its just been so long since an American has competed in F1, that we are getting hungry! It would be nice to shake the "curse" that Michael Andretti has seemingly left on all future American drivers seeking an F1 seat. I'm just worried that alot can happen in a year, and there is always the chance that things could go wrong for Scott, and he may not do to well in GP2, and therefore ruin his F1 chances. Sometimes a driver has to strike while he's hot, like Kimi did.

Well, I've waited all of these years, so whats one more?

Danica Patrick
Old 29 Nov 2004, 06:29 (Ref:1166765)   #12
Elton Julian
Rookie

Elton Julian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now would be the best time for Scott to test and have a shot at a race seat. If he has the chance to race F1 he will find a way to be fit enough. Liuzzi and Speed. New team, new drivers. Then Red Bull can live up to it's hype and change things in F1. Good luck Scott and Colin.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1166888)   #13
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
stupid idea.

enough said.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1166900)   #14
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by oziengineer
I recokon Vitantonio deserves a race seat. The Red Bull/Jag deal was he lucky break in my opinion and it would be fantastic to see him in a race seat.
Understatement of the week!...how many drivers sponsor buys an F1 team just they as they clinched a championship and need to step up! Right place and good timing, good luck to him.

Odd that Mateschitz has changed his tune about DC! Funny too how DM (as did Lauda) has ignored Davidson just because Purnell and Co. wanted him!
Old 29 Nov 2004, 10:36 (Ref:1166910)   #15
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
More than likely it will be Liuzzi and Klien. Looks like Klien's already got a contract. Things are looking clearer by the day at the moment. Heidfeld and Pizzonia will be vying for the Williams no.2 role, loser of that probably going to be number three driver. Unless its Nick and that may lead him to take a Red Bull drive. DC looks like maybe being Mac no.3 and driving for Team Dubai in 2006. And its anyones guess on Jordan and Minardi, although Briscoe and Baumgartner respectively look like dracing in 2005.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 11:21 (Ref:1166944)   #16
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rennen, Tony Purnell is still in charge of Red Bull. They've gotr a lot of good young drivers aready signed up, so why should they pay BAR a huge load of money to look elsewhere, now that it'd clearly take a lot for BAR to release him. If Davidson hadn't got the BAR test drive (which he got by being in Honda's F3 junior team), no one would remember his name anymore. You can't have it both ways.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 12:26 (Ref:1166979)   #17
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh Rubbish!...he was a paying driver in Carlin's F3 team...Sato was Honda's driver!...No one wanted the seat alongside Sato, but Ant was up for it!...(outqualified Taku 8 times to 7 in the British champs in his rookie year did you know?)

Mate****z looks like hes calling the shots about drivers if I'm reading the reports in the mags right. Anyway who says Red Bull would have to pay B.A.R for AD? It's more a case of B.A.R just don't want their best tester to leave them!
Old 29 Nov 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1166982)   #18
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Hahahaha look what the censor did to the Red Bulls bosses name...I'm sure I spelt it correctly! (didn't I?)
Old 29 Nov 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1166993)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LOL at the autocensor - it's totally Matsu****a, isn't it?

Davidson's F3 season was hugely impressive in my view - after the first few races he was outscoring Sato, who had much more experience of the class. He and Jamie Green were both hugely impressive right away, both in teh ebst teams, and I'm not sure which is the better prospect. As I've been saying all along, if Ant gets the chance, I'd love to see how he does.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 12:50 (Ref:1166994)   #20
Bobie
Racer

Bobie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agreen with N I Tram, Davidson not be in F1 if he had not received the BAR test role as Davidson has no money and no sponsors so he would nto be there.

My view is that Couthard will end up in Red Bull for 1 year with Luizzi as a test driver.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 17:56 (Ref:1167242)   #21
Elton Julian
Rookie

Elton Julian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NikoGP, not such a bad idea if it was the "Two Wills" Huh...?