Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Apr 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1580507)   #1
meatloaf
Rookie

meatloaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why in the hell would Kimi go to Ferrari

The are not good.... They Suck!!! Kimi will never ever be champie if he goes to the Red Team....
Old 13 Apr 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1580508)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Eleven titles in the last six years may have something to do with it. Unparalleled reliability over that time too. Fantastic resources. That logo? A decent wage. Pasta?
Old 13 Apr 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1580513)   #3
meatloaf
Rookie

meatloaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schu is leaving....the team will collapse....

He should be going to Torro Rosso... A team with prospects....
JPm going to Red Bull and will beat Kimi ... JPM is smart man
Old 13 Apr 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1580529)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It all depends on when Kimi was talking to Ferrari.

The general consensus is that he started speaking to Ferrari 2003/2004-ish. This was a time when Ferrari were the dominant force, particularly 2004.

He may have signed a contract in 2004, it is feasible. In which case, looking back, it was the obvious thing to do.

This is all conjecture however!
Old 13 Apr 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1580532)   #5
goodhorsehymn
Racer

goodhorsehymn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Ferrari era is over. If Kimi joins Ferrari he'll be worse off.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 17:18 (Ref:1580541)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who's to say? Certainly it appears that way at the moment.

But there is nothing to suggest McLaren will dominate the game either.....the team to be at is Renault, currently!

We've got some emerging teams coming too....where will RBR, BMW-Sauber etc...be in a couple of years. Will Renault still be in the game?

You've just got to pick your team and hope for the best!
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1580581)   #7
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

They have one off season and suddenly you see them as a mediocre team! I don't think so somehow! Like Adam said, 11 titles in 6 years is a mighty record. They're around the same place as Mclaren at the minute so it wouldn't be a step down. Better reliability record as well, something that will always be playing on Kimi's mind while at Mclaren after last year! Lets not forget how dominant they were in 2004! The rules were changed just to allow everyone else to catch up! (as well a reduced costs!) They'll be major players for years to come.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1580585)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ironic that we all state Ferrari's reliability as their selling point when they are currently doing far worse than McLaren have done this season on that count!

But I agree, cast your net over the last decade and Ferrari are well on top in the reliability stakes. Obvious really.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1580589)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is Ferrari's reliability better than McLaren's? Don't forget the 2 engine failures in Malaysia before the race, and that Massa's car was wrecked before it had a chance to break down in Australia. On pace McLaren are definitely still ahead.

Kimi probably either doesn't want to race alongside Alonso, or is being offered more money by Ferrari than McLaren. The chances of the winning Ferrari team still being in one piece in a couple of seasons is slim, and they don't seem to have attracted strong replacements, or neccessarily have great guys waiting in the wings. If Kimi believes he can beat Alonso in a straight fight (and he currently has Ron on his side, which can be a big deal at McLaren) he is better to stay where he is.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1580593)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
if he signed in 2004 then it was the correct decsion.... if he signed later then it is questionable one...
Although Ferrari will be back to the top once again...one time or the other..

Ferrari know how to win they have a great record... i would still choose them over RBR, or indeed Toro Rosso ( as mentioned by meatloaf)...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1580595)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
If Kimi believes he can beat Alonso in a straight fight (and he currently has Ron on his side, which can be a big deal at McLaren) he is better to stay where he is.
I still feel Alonso was signed because Ron knew Kimi wanted to leave or had already signed elsewhere...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1580597)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I remember saying, when Alonso signing for McLaren was announced, that Fernando would only sign if he knew Kimi was elsewhere. That was on the basis that Kimi is the favoured son in the McLaren empire and I think you'd have to be mad to sign for McLaren knowing Kimi is still there! Not to mention his undoubted speed of course.

Fernando, for me, is a team leader in the same way Michael is. I can't ever see him having an outrageously good teammate, merely very good teammates.

On that basis, I still haven't changed my mind that Kimi will be elsewhere next season.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1580599)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
so basically your agreeing with my previous post....
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1580613)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Depends who started typing first really....I'd wager that it was me.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1580614)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
the one who posted first gets bragging rights im afraid... Im sure Adam will agree with me....
although knowles now being a mod and all.. you never know...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1580622)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatloaf
Schu is leaving....the team will collapse....

He should be going to Torro Rosso... A team with prospects....
JPm going to Red Bull and will beat Kimi ... JPM is smart man

I will try to answer that when I catch my breath again.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1580633)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
which part did you in bononi? the Toro Rosso bit or the one about JPM being smart?

btw welcome to the forums meatloaf... i assure you not all mods are scary like bononi...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 19:32 (Ref:1580642)   #18
okeefe
Racer

Canada
Simcoe, Ontario
okeefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ferrari lured Kimi with the promise of diamonds.......and more diamonds......Actually, I do think Ferrari must have a plan up their sleeve, now especially with Kimi going there. Should make for some good competition though.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1580645)   #19
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and dont forget, next year EVERYONE will be on bridgestones.

and ferrari were certainly at a tyre disadvantage last year, who is to say this year too.

next year all the current michelin teams will have to play a massive catch up.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1580675)   #20
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Ferrari would be a better long-term choice than McLaren. As said before, Ferrari have had excellent reliability. McLaren have had poor reliabilty at time for years ago, mainly on the Mercedes side.

It seems the Bridgestones are a weak link at the moment, but since everyone will be using them next year it won't matter. Ferrari still have pleanty of titles left in them, and I wouldn't blame Kimi if he wanted a piece of that pie.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1580677)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
which part did you in bononi? the Toro Rosso bit or the one about JPM being smart?

btw welcome to the forums meatloaf... i assure you not all mods are scary like bononi...

Yeah, welcome meatloaf...

I must be getting old, or times are changed.

I usually just scare little girls and fans of a certain driver...

I will steer away from JPM as Mr V might be coming for the rescue, but I really can't stand Toro Rosso being better than Ferrari.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1580682)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Mr V is a soft touch compared to what I've got lined up in the event of JPM bashing Bon...

Old 13 Apr 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1580706)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Mr V is a soft touch compared to what I've got lined up in the event of JPM bashing Bon...

Old 13 Apr 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1580767)   #24
DeoValente
Racer

DeoValente has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the chance of Kimi staying at Mclaren is a good 75%. Ferrari is banking on Shumi to do another 2 years and are poaching a certain mr Rossi to join the team. What would Kimi gonna do with these 2 topdrivers? Testing? No way. I really doubt very much Kimi signed a contract with Ferrari. In the case of Shumi retiring i can see them trying to lure him to marranello, but Dennis is not stupid and might be a nice season to see Lonso and Kimi together.

But il stick with my claim nothing has signed yet. Either Rossi or Shumi has to make up their mind first.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1580811)   #25
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I think Adam summed up the correct response to the original question. And... I can't help thinking that there's another championship left in the Brawn Todt era...