Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 17 Aug 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1685144)   #1
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV slams Schuey - no one will remember him

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37047

Well, he's got a point I guess about the lying to the fans (IMHO). Not quite sure people will forget a 7 (8?) times world champion that easily...
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1685153)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh dear.

True or not, who cares?

Headlines. "Ex WorldChampion (when was that exactly?) slams most successful Champion for being not nice!". Read all about it! (if you can be bothered).
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1685158)   #3
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair enough, if that's what you think.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:10 (Ref:1685160)   #4
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think he will be completely forgotten but I think JV's point about Senna being better remembered is very valid.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1685176)   #5
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My views on TGF are kind of...how do we say...somewhat less forgiving than most. I agree wholeheartedly with JV's comments, but I dunno if it's wise for him to make them - it does rather make him seem like a bitter man with an axe to grind. TGF will certainly not be forgotten - I'll always remember him, but not for the reasons that TGF hopes. I suspect a number of others will feel the same way too..

So yeah, valid comment from JV in my humble opinion. I just don't think anyone will give two hoots about it coming from him at this present moment in time

Last edited by mjstallard; 17 Aug 2006 at 16:22.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1685177)   #6
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't imagine that Schumacher's achievements will be forgotten and nor will his unsavoury antics.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1685178)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But we remember them all. Farina, Hill (G), Clark, Hill (P), Hill (D), Hawthorn, Fangio, Villeneuve (yes), Andretti, Hunt, Ascari, Brabham, Mansell, Alonso, Lauda, Senna, Jones, Farina, Surtees, Hulme, Stewart, Rindt, Schekter, Hakkinene, Rosberg, Piquet, Prost and er, who was that German bloke?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1685183)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy
Fair enough, if that's what you think.
LOL. I agree with you but I'm perhaps a bit fed up with JV promoting himself, or being promoted by his fans, as being either the best driver not to have a race seat or being the arbiter of good racing.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1685185)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everyone knows who Schui is. Most don't know who JV is. Schui won't be forgotton. JV will. Amongst normal or not close watchers of the series.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1685187)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Everyone knows who Schui is. Most don't know who JV is. Schui won't be forgotton. JV will. Amongst normal or not close watchers of the series.
Luke,
Can you rephrase that into English please?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1685192)   #11
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
But we remember them all. Farina, Hill (G), Clark, Hill (P), Hill (D), Hawthorn, Fangio, Villeneuve (yes), Andretti, Hunt, Ascari, Brabham, Mansell, Alonso, Lauda, Senna, Jones, Farina, Surtees, Hulme, Stewart, Rindt, Schekter, Hakkinene, Rosberg, Piquet, Prost and er, who was that German bloke?
Good question....errr...who, Jochen Mass?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1685202)   #12
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Suggesting that a 7-time (maybe 8) world champion who broke all the records will be forgotten is a bit unrealistic to say the least. Even those of us who were never very fond of TGF have to admit that he was the driver that defined F1 from 1994 to this day, and defining the sport for 12+ years is quite a feat.

That being said, JV might have a point when he suggests that TGF might not be remembered in the same way as Senna or other (quote) "heroic" drivers (his dad being a prime example). It depends upon what comes into one's mind when one remembers a certain driver; numbers or moments....
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1685207)   #13
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I suppose you mean *Gilles* Villeneuve . If I had to remember just 10 F1 drivers, Gilles would be one of them without any doubt, definitively more than most of WDCs
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1685212)   #14
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The other side of this thread would be "Schuey doesn't slam JV because he's already forgotten him".

I agree that MS won't be remembered exactly the same as Senna, but I also agree with JV that the reason for this is mainly the tragedy of Senna's death.

To listen to those JV remarks you'd think that Schumacher had lied and cheated his way to every single one of those 87 wins, and every other thing that he has achieved. Sure, he is flawed genius - but he is certainly a genius. The fact is that JV's pretty modest accomplishments have come and gone during the span of MS's career - when Jacques arrived MS was the man to beat, and he remains so to this day.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1685213)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
@Schummy: No I was remembering World Champions. Gilles doesn't fall into that category.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1685214)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Schumacher has dominated in an era with the most boring cars, and the most boring races, save 1994. Its such a shame when his driving skill has peaked when we had the dullest years so far in F1.

I hope Schumacher sticks around until 2008 so we can see him race real cars (that is at least, if we actually get the promised back to basics regs).
Old 17 Aug 2006, 17:10 (Ref:1685238)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Luke,
Can you rephrase that into English please?
What's your problem? Unless you are joking for no reason. I checked and nothing I said does not make sense.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1685241)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I thought i'd start the 'JV slags off TGF' in this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=86897&page=8,so as to save us from yet another JV thread.Oh well.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1685245)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
What's your problem? Unless you are joking for no reason. I checked and nothing I said does not make sense.
Nope. You still need to re-write it matey. Try slowing down a bit and I really don't have a problem.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1685246)   #20
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Sorry I didn't know this was an essay.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 17:16 (Ref:1685247)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 17 Aug 2006, 17:29 (Ref:1685258)   #22
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schuey who?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 17:31 (Ref:1685261)   #23
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is'nt it funny that Villeneuve has joined the likes of Irvine and others by slagging off schumi when they are no longer driving. Villeneuve is just shooting his mouth off because he can. How many people are honestly gonna remember him a driver who had what? two or three good years in F1 and then went downhill. Where as schumi has been at the top for 10 years. Jealously i hear?

He's just doing it because he can.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1685280)   #24
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 17 Aug 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1685286)   #25
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS
[IMG][/IMG]
115 euro?!?!?! What, is he planning on funding his own F1 team?!?!?!