Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 20 Mar 2009, 11:00 (Ref:2420111)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cooper T5 JAP - Info. sought!

I have received the following message from George Smith who drove F2 and F3 cars in the Sixties:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Smith
I sold a race car in England in 1958 and wonder if it is still Ã*live`.
It was(is) a Cooper T5 Jap blown 1100. I dont have any numbers and the gent that bought was from up north!!! no name. Thanks for any help you might give.

george smith
George has also advised me that he bought the car from Ron Truscott, who lived in Arundel.

I had advised George to contact Duncan Rabagliati. He told me that he had already met with Duncan who had suggested that he contacted us! So can we help George, please?
Old 20 Mar 2009, 11:23 (Ref:2420129)   #2
jamesholland
Racer

jamesholland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid I can't offer any help other than to muddy the water by asking if it was a Type 5 (otherwise known as a 500 Mk II) from 1948 or was it a 500 Mk V of 1951 (which was the Type 15 in Cooper chronology). Just to make it more complicated the 1 litre version of the 500 Mk V was properly titled Type 16.
The Mk V is easily identified by its pannier fuel tanks.