Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 May 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2683128)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HSCC 15/16 May Silverstone GP circuit

One of the benefits of the International circuit being taken out seems to be more opportunities to do the GP circuit. We are planning to do Guards and GTSCC and my son is doing HRS. Who else is doing it?
Old 2 May 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2683135)   #2
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm doing the Touring car race - I had entered the Masters race at Anglesey but it seems they only got 7 entries for the whole meeting! Shame as it's a lovely spot.
Old 2 May 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2683138)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you just have an unhealthy obsession with Wales! so the day next week is actually a sly testing for this - pot hunter!
Old 2 May 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2683143)   #4
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

can't help it - wales is my adopted homeland after all.
as for pot hunting........don't know what you mean
Old 2 May 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2683145)   #5
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

seriously though, there is a Woodcote trophy race I'm doing in Vals D at the Classic and I really would like to avoid embarrassment amongst all those lovely motors.
Old 2 May 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2683158)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'm entered in Plus 4 for Legends SM Trophy- our first race together so hopefully will get on........

This wednesday should get new brakes and tyres bedded and not reveal any problems to sort before 15th! (He said in hope)

Really looking forward to the race- sad that Anglesey is same w/end but bit of a no brainer for me!
Old 2 May 2010, 12:24 (Ref:2683162)   #7
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't realise this meeting was on the GP circuit...excellent news.
Old 2 May 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2683336)   #8
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Jag & I will be out, I'm looking forward to a good blast on a fast circuit. This weekend has been a bit of a fizzle, a careful accumulation of domestic brownie points should have left me with a couple of days for final fettling, but I won't be getting the car back from the shop til Tuesday and then it's straight off to Silverstone for Wednesday, fingers crossed on a couple of issues.
Old 3 May 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2683674)   #9
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was that you I saw at Mallory last Wednesday with a sports car (Lister??) Colin?
If so, what did that do to the brownie points?
Old 3 May 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2683712)   #10
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish! Sadly, not me.
Old 5 May 2010, 07:05 (Ref:2684641)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

looking at the entry lists no one can describe Guards as a B8 benefit race.... http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...02010%20V1.pdf great grids and after the disappointing DNF at Snet the other day hopefully my son's first full race in the HRS.
Old 5 May 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2684652)   #12
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's a fantastic looking entry list
Old 5 May 2010, 09:14 (Ref:2684683)   #13
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I didn't realise this meeting was on the GP circuit...excellent news.
Please note that this meeting will be run on the "Bridge" GP circuit rather than the new "Arena" GP circuit.

I assume that it will use the more gentle exit from the Vale but the Abbey chicane - but I have not had this confirmed.
Old 5 May 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2684728)   #14
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Some great cars and drivers out. plenty of the faster v8s in the touring cars to put me back in my pace!
Old 5 May 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2684730)   #15
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guards Trophy entry in by return. Given 3rd Reserve. Not sure how I qualified for that!!

Last edited by Robert Farrell; 5 May 2010 at 11:06. Reason: spo
Old 5 May 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2684740)   #16
PTRACER
Racer

England
Romford, Essex, U.K.
PTRACER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full grid of 44 cars for the Historic FF2000 race, it's going to be incredible!
Old 5 May 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2684916)   #17
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All races will have a rolling start.

Interesting
Old 5 May 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2684933)   #18
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryc View Post
Please note that this meeting will be run on the "Bridge" GP circuit rather than the new "Arena" GP circuit.

I assume that it will use the more gentle exit from the Vale but the Abbey chicane - but I have not had this confirmed.
I'm glad it's the older version. Not sure they could run without the Abbey chicane as there are kerbs across the entrance to the old, left handed Abbey sweep.
Old 5 May 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2685015)   #19
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom

I can claim the distinction of being the first tenther to run on the arena circuit

on the end of a towrope
Old 6 May 2010, 07:08 (Ref:2685163)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

was that at the press day? was that on the old or new GP Colin?
Old 6 May 2010, 07:25 (Ref:2685172)   #21
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
He means the circuit by the way, not the age of the rope!
Old 6 May 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2685192)   #22
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK. Vale. Reprofiled, so take it carefully for a lap or two. Little bit like a right-hand Pohon - need to hit outside kerb before a late turn-in (just before kerbing stops) and late apex for the second part. Lots of tarmac run-off on second exit, but don't know to what extent overly full use of this will be tolerated or indeed how much extra time is gained by planning to use it.

I think that the tricky bit is getting the car set up for the second part because the temptation is to straight-line Club but then you arrive to the ourside kerb rather too quickly and at the wrong angle (ie too perpendicular). But I think that, assuming not defending, better to lose time on the approach by not straight-lining Club in order to get a better exit onto the Abbey straight.

What do others think?
Old 6 May 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2685225)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

I had a lesson (probably good money after bad) the other day on the new Southern Circuit which includes Vale. My instructor (who as well as being a friend is also very good) told me that the first left hand part should be taken late and slow and then build it up and allow yorself to run wide on the exit. However these things are easy when you have someone sitting next to you if I actually do that next weekend remains to be seen!
Peter I think its safe to say that my little Turner is unlikely to be troubling your 17 in Flavian's race!
Old 6 May 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2685294)   #24
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
New (still got Bridge), press day.

The new bits were very dirty in places, fortunately it stayed dry but I hope they'll get out the brooms before the weekend after next. With everything moved so far back its all rather featureless and not too many reference points.

I'm off now to find out why my coolant hughied all over the track, bringing out the red flags in the last TC session, sorry chaps.
Old 6 May 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2685304)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I can claim the distinction of being the first tenther to run on the arena circuit

on the end of a towrope

Or,perhaps not.
Dont worry about the dirt,everything has been clean up since then.