Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 May 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1599474)   #1
anna_blakemore
Racer

anna_blakemore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rockingham Thunder sunday

First is there anyone going?
I have had the tickets turn up but there is no paddock or parking pass is this normal, I have the entry pass but nothing to park my car. What has everyone else had. And if I have to park in the public area how far away is it to the pick up point.
And has anyone got an idea of the entry for the whole meeting. I have heard that the pick ups have a good grid, and I guess the support races will be ok but have heard that the ASCARS have very low numbers and I think the spectator numbers will be down as there is no after race concert and it doesnt seem to have had the publicity of recent years.
Old 2 May 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1599488)   #2
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Anna,
No car passes required, just park in the shadow of the T1 grandstand and walk through the tunnel (looks like all the race cars are in the inner paddock, so shouldn't be too busy in the outer paddock). Should be minibuses running from carpark to sign-on also.

The whole package now is focused on racing and track-activity, not concerts. The usual side-shows and stalls will be there.
Stock car numbers are down due to the closed-season politics, but should grow rapidly over the season. Full grid of Pick-ups, 20-ish ClubF3s and VSRs

More look-ahead to the weekend on Tin Top Tuesday radio tonight

See you at the weekend
Al.
Old 2 May 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1599496)   #3
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
schrammy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can somebody put me right, ( ok, stupid question I know ) if you take the bus infield you can't get back from the infield to the cafe unless you use the tunnel or the bus so I presume it would be easier to grab breakfast first? (anybody who knows me can understand why I put breakfast first!)
Old 2 May 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1599531)   #4
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had my tickets come through and the list I have seen shows that there are 10 F3's 26 pick ups and 17 VSR's with SCSA to be advised. Hopfully there will be a few additions in the F3's to bring it up but looks like it could be a good day but hope there are a few more SCAS's than expected.
I think the concerts were a good idea over the last few years as it has got the paying punters in though the door.
Old 2 May 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1599561)   #5
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrammy
Can somebody put me right, ( ok, stupid question I know ) if you take the bus infield you can't get back from the infield to the cafe unless you use the tunnel or the bus so I presume it would be easier to grab breakfast first? (anybody who knows me can understand why I put breakfast first!)
I would not count on getting breakfast at the diner. Better to arrive at the circuit having breakfasted!
Old 2 May 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1599624)   #6
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Schrammy, PM sent
Old 2 May 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1599648)   #7
brickkicker
Veteran

Is the greedy pig cafe still there?? That used to be a good place but dont go for the large one if its the same it basicly comes on a table and not a plate LOL
Old 2 May 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1599696)   #8
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
That's the place, best value breakfast in Corby. Breakfast roll to take with you on a Sunday sets you up just right (and about 1/3 of the price of the Rock. diner, and 3 times as much in your butty).

Al
Old 3 May 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1600205)   #9
brickkicker
Veteran

Just a question, does anyone know if the VSR's are on the oval or do they run the same layout as the F3's?
Old 3 May 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1600208)   #10
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sportscar Circuit Brickkicker. 1.62 miles IIRC.

Past the front on the oval. T1 chicane, round the hairpin into the infield, then go round back to between T3 and T4, missing out most of the windy bit and round to start using banking.
Old 3 May 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1600219)   #11
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.racingcircuits.net/United...Sportscar.html
Old 3 May 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1600309)   #12
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
I was looking for that site for ages earlier DS to remind myself which the sportcar circuit was. Still think using the link circuit would have been better given the number of orange people we have available this weekend (not an excuse to go into rant mode about Donington/Rockingham/Silverstone clashing, or not licencing use of the full oval for other series...honest)

Al.
Old 4 May 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1600807)   #13
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, correct me if I'm wrong but there are THREE circuit configs being used this weekend....sounds like fun
Old 4 May 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1600814)   #14
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack
So, correct me if I'm wrong but there are THREE circuit configs being used this weekend....sounds like fun
Two configs - F3,VSR run on the Sportscar circuit, PuT and SCSA run the oval. Simple!
Old 5 May 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1601036)   #15
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel
Two configs - F3,VSR run on the Sportscar circuit, PuT and SCSA run the oval. Simple!
Ah, my bad. I thought that the F3 may use the international short
Old 5 May 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1601183)   #16
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Green
... using the link circuit would have been better given the number of orange people we have available this weekend (not an excuse to go into rant mode about Donington/Rockingham/Silverstone clashing, or not licencing use of the full oval for other series...honest)

Al.
Go-on Al - Rant away .........

I have...........

But don't care.
Old 7 May 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1602767)   #17
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Thanks everyone who turned up this weekend, we're up and running again, and we avoided the rain (just, was wet in Oakham as I drove home).

Tip for F3 drivers: greasy track, cold slick tyres, green flag lap, hairpin. Not the time or place for three of you to practice syncro spinning

And a suntan thrown in for good measure yesterday

Al